We know there are lots of things you’d like to know about GTBank. From a simple how to open account to a complex how to apply for a GTBank business loan. Well this post is aimed at helping you to find answers to 10 most frequently asked questions regarding GTbank and its operations.
GTBank Frequently Asked Questions
GTBank FAQs are number of questions usually asked by most people regarding GTBank. We have put together a list of some of these questions and since they have relatively high searches on the web we decided to give answers to these questions.
Please note that this post is targeted at GTBank customers and those who wish to open a Bank account with them. Answers to FAQs of other banks is also available in our website. Use the search tab to view the FAQs of other banks.
- Read Also: How To Get GTBank Salary Advance Loan
- Earn More With GTBank Fixed And Tenured Deposit Savings Account
- Achieve Your Goals With The GTBank GT Target Savings Account
- How To Activate Your GTBank Internet Banking Within Minutes
- Grow Your Business With Firstcurrent Business Account From FirstBank
- How To Open A GTBank Account Online.
- How To Buy Data And Airtime from GTBank.
- How To Open GTBank Account Without Any Money.
- How To Activate My GTBank Internet Banking.
- How To Get My GTBank NUBAN Account Number.
- How To Log Into GTBank.
- How To Check My Account Balance in GTBank.
- What Is NUBAN in GTBank.
- Is NUBAN The Same As Account Number.
- How To Apply For GTBank Loan.
- Types Of GTBank Savings Account.
- How To Contact GTBank Customer care
1. GTBank Account Online
There is more than one way to open the GTBank account without having to visit the bank branch. This makes it super easy for anyone to easily get a GTBank account number with ease. What makes it even more interesting is the fact that you can open the account number without initial deposit.
How To Open A GTBank Account Online
- Use the GTBank short code. Just dial *737# and follow the command prompt. Its very easy and within 5 minutes it should be done.
- GTBank Mobile App: With the GTBank mobile App you can easily open a GTBank account. Just download the App,install and click on the Open Account button from list of options. Provide the required details and its should be done within 5 minutes.
- GTBank Website: The easy to use GTBank website is another place to open a GTBank Account online. We have put together this Step by Step Guide to help with the process.
- GTBank Internet Banking: If you are GTBank customer and have activated your internet banking, you can just log into your GTBank portal and open a new account. We have put together this Step by Step Guide to help you open an GTBank Internet Banking.
2. Buy Data And Airtime from GTBank
News flying around on the internet is that banks are making millions of Naira from selling data through VTU. But the easiest and safest way to buy your data and airtime is through your bank. One important reason why you should buy Data and Airtime from your Bank is that you can easily lay a complaint and get it resolved if things go sideways.
How To Buy Data And Airtime from GTBank
- Use the GTBank short code. Just dial *737#, select the right option,enter the phone number, enter the amount of Airtime to buy, enter phone number and send.
- GTBank Mobile App: Log into your GTBank mobile App and select the Airtime/Data option. Provide the required details, which include, phone number, amount to buy and the PIN to confirm transaction.
- GTbank Website: You can also log into your GTBank internet banking portal and easily purchase Data or Airtime from there.
- GTBank ATMs: All GTBank and other ATMs across the country can be used to buy Data or Airtime. Just visit anyone close to you, put your GTBank Debit Card, enter your PIN, select Quickteller option, Select Airtime, Select the preferred network, enter your phone number, enter the amount to buy and its done.
Note: All GTBank transactions related to Data and Airtime purchase is free. There is no charge and you can do this multiple times a day without any restriction or limitations.
3. How To Open GTBank Account Without Any Money
GTbank have what is known as the Zero Account. This account is targeted at people who wish to open a Bank account quickly. You don’t need any form of ID card or utility bill to open this account in GTBank. It is mostly targeted at Students and hence it has some restrictions. This account can also be upgraded on a later date when you provide ID card for verification.
- Read Also: All About The Zenith Bank Sole Proprietorship / Enterprise Account
- Zenith Bank Partnership Accounts Designed For Business Partners
- Get Up To 70% Of Your Salary With Polaris Salary Advance Loan
- Zenith Bank Partnership Accounts Designed For Business Partners
- Features And Benefits Of The Access Bank Business Accounts
Ways To Open A GTBank Account Without Money
- Using the GTBank short code: Just dial *737# and follow the prompt, select the open account option and its done within minutes
- GTBank Mobile App: When you download the GTBank banking App you can just click the open account button and follow the prompt.
- GTBank Website: Go to the official website of GTBank and click the Open Account button. You can Read This Post to see a step by step guide on how to create a GTBank account online.
- GTBank Branch: This is a more traditional way of opening the account. Just visit any GTBank branch, request for the opening account form, fill and submit.
4. Activate My GTBank Internet Banking
This is very easy but you need guidance. There are actually many good reasons why you should activate your GTBank Internet banking
How To Activate My GTBank Internet Banking
- Open a GTBank Account
- Go to GTBank website
- Click the Internet Bank button
- Click Sign Up or Register
- Fill in your details which include your GTBank account number
- Select Security questions and their answers
- Select your log in password
We have written a step by step by guide on how you activate internet banking in GTBank. You can Read This Post for the complete guide. If you would like to know about the many reasons why you need to activate internet banking please Read This Post.
5. How To Get My GTBank NUBAN Account Number
- For Account Number Confirmation – Send ‘My Account’ to 08076665555 E.g My Account to 08076665555. You have to send this as text message from the phone number you used when opening the account.
- GTBank Branch: If you have the time go to any GTBank branch and request for your GTBank NUBAN account number and they’ll give it to you.
- Ask GTBank customer care agent online. Via their social media handles like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Note that in most cases you NUBAN number will be sent to your phone number or email. So make sure your phone number and email is valid, working and also accessible by you.
6. How To Log Into GTBank
- Go to GTBank website
- Click on the Log In in the Online Banking tab
- Type your USER ID and PASSWORD
- Answer two security questions to proceed.
- If there is any suspicious log in attempt GTBank will request for your answers to your security questions. Just provide the answers to log in.
7. How To Check My Account Balance in GTBank Online
- Dial *737*6*1# using a phone number linked with your GTB account. Enter the last 4 digit or your GTB ATM Card and press send.
- Log into your GTBank mobile banking App to check your available balance.
- Use your Debit Card in any ATM across the country. Just put in the debit card, input your PIN and select the Inquiry option. Your account balance will be shown.
- Go to your GTBank internet banking account. Log in using your USER ID and PASSWORD and check from GTBank website.
- Request for your Bank Account statement from GTBank online. You can message them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for a copy of your account statement which will include your current account balance.
- Visit any GTBank branch and request for your account statement.
8. What Is NUBAN in GTBank
NUBAN number is a 10 digit number that is given to you by GTBank after you have successfully created an account with them. You save, transfer and receive money using this number. All transaction carried out in GTBank is related to this NUBAN number.
9. Is NUBAN Number Same As Account Number
The simple answer to the question is YES. NUBAN number is just another name used to call Bank account number. Truth is both names can be used interchangeably when it comes to banking. In conclusion, NUBAN Number is same as Bank Account Number.
10. How To Apply For GTBank Loan
- Go to any GTBank branch close to you.
- Request for the GTBank loan form
- Read and understand the terms and conditions associated with the type of loan you selected.
- Fill the GTBank loan form
- Submit the form with necessary documents
11. Types Of GTBank Savings Account
There are lots of GTBank savings account that suites almost anyone. From little children to teens even to the age ones. We have put together a list of some of GTBank savings account. Read This Post to know about some of the Savings Account available at GTBank.
12. How To Contact GTBank Customer Care
There are at the least 5 ways to contact the GTBank customer care agents.
- Facebook: You can follow the GTBank Facebook page and send them direct messages. They’ll respond and solve your queries very fast.
- Twitter: GTBank also have a very engaging Twitter handle. Just send them a direct message on Twitter and they’ll respond almost immediately.
- Instagram: This is one other place to contact GTBank customer care agents. You can even tag them on posts and they’ll reply when they see it.
- GTBank website: GTBank have a live chat feature in their website. You can make use of this feature to contact a customer care agent with ease.
- GTBank branch: Visit any GTBank branch to lay your complaints.
We know there are lots of questions you’d like to ask about GTBank and its operation. In truth we can’t possible give you all the answers. But the above are the frequently asked ones and we have tried to give short and benefiting answers to them.
If you have any other question that is not answered above please leave it as comment below. We’ll provide an answer as soon as we see the question. Please use the share button below to share our posts on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.