While most banks in Nigeria is focused on creating bank accounts for government and employed workers, Access Bank have a little something different in mind. The Access Bank Community Current Account is one of its kind in the country.
Table of Contents
What Is Access Bank Community Current Account
The Access Bank Community Current Account is a type of current account by Access Bank that focuses mainly on non-governmental and profit organizations like churches, associations, clubs etc.
These non-governmental and profit organizations however have to be duly registered with CAC(Coporate Affairs Commission). Be it a church, association or clubs they must have CAC certificate before they can apply for the Access Bank Community Current Account.
- Read Also: Save More Earn More With Access Bank High Interest Deposit Account
- How To Make Money From Nigeria Banks With Ease
- Improve Your Child Saving Skills With Access Bank Early Savers Account
- Features And Benefits Of The Access Bank Premium Current Account
Why Choose Access Bank Community Current Account
- No COT: COT means Commission on turn over. COT are the charges a customer pays for debit transactions (transaction involving withdrawals and/or operating cost to the bank) from his/her current account.
- Internet banking at your convenience: Internet banking gives you access to your all your banking operations from a single log in. You can manage your bank operations from anywhere in the world.
- Opening minimum balance of N10,000
- Minimum operating balance of N10,000
- Competitive interest rate on community savings deposits
- Issuance of Cheque book
- Free withdrawal from all branches
Who Is The Access Bank Community Current Account Targeted At?
The Access Bank Community Current Account is targeted at non-governmental and profit organizations like churches, associations, clubs etc.
What Do I Need To Open The Access Bank Community Current Account?
To successfully open this type of current account with Access Bank you need to provide the following details.
- A complete application form Download that you can download from Access Bank website or collect one at any Access Bank branch near you. To be filled and submitted in any Access Bank branch.
- Two completed signature specimen cards of all authorized signatories with their signing rules properly regulated(A signature specimen card is a document that a bank keeps on file with the signatures of all the authorized people on that account).
- Two completed reference forms
- Each signatory to the account must provide at least two recent passport not less than a month old.
- Valid identification of all authorized signatories i.e. International passport, Driver’s license, National ID card, Voters card, NIMC card or Resident permit (for foreign nationals).
- Proof of address i.e. a recent utility bill (PHCN/Water bill)
- Copy of rules/constitution as signed by a least 2/3 (two-third) of key principle officers Certificate of resignation from CAC (for Community Current Account)
Quick Note: The International passport or Driver’s License or National ID card or Voters Card, or Resident Permit (for foreign nationals) are all means of verification. While the utility bill is a means of home address verification.
- Read Also: All you Should Know About Cooperate Banking In Nigeria
- Cardless Withdrawal: Withdraw Money From Any ATM Without Debit Card
- Trade Bitcoin: Legit Ways You Can Make More Money From Bitcoin
- Prepaid Card: Meaning, Importance And How To Keep It Safe
How To Open The Access Bank Community Current Account
There is currently one way to open this type of Account and its by downloading the form, filling it and submitting it to the nearest Access Bank branch along with all the requirements above.
Although we don’t know the actual interest rate associated with the this type of current account, but its a good option for non-governmental and profit organizations who wishes to use current account.
From the look of things it seems that the Access Bank Community Current Account is very easy to maintain. Its less expensive and have a relatively small opening and operating balance.
You know someone or some organization that need this type of current account? Please use the share button below to share our posts on Facebook and Twitter. It might just help someone or some organization know about this current account from Access Bank.