The Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah, is one of the richest religious monarchs in the world. According to Insider, he was once worth $40 billion (N15.5trn)
Some of his lavish lifestyles include reportedly racing Ferraris at midnight through Brunei’s capital, building a 1,788 room palace, and spending as much as $20,000 (N7,750,000) to get a haircut.
It should be noted that he succeeded his father, Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien, who had 10 children from several wives. Bolkiah’s father abdicated the throne in 1967 and made him the king while he was at UK’s Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst. A year after, Bolkiah ascended the throne when he got done with the academy. The man was also known as a playboy as he had so many extra-marital affairs
The big palace covers a wide area of 2.2 million square feet. Its designer was the popular Architect Leandro Locsin. It made World Guinness Records as the largest residential palace.
Another thing worthy of note was that the Sultan’s family reportedly bought half of the world’s Rolls-Royce as Bokiah held a record for having the largest collection. Top 5 Africa’s richest kings published by Forbes magazine in 2014 recently resurfaced. The information regarding the king and their wealth was edited on Thursday, May 28. King Mohammed VI of Morocco led the other four kings on the list with $2 billion.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!
- WWE suffers big setback as wrestlers, multiple people test positive for Cov
- Jeff Bezos, Gates among top 7 richest in the word, Dangote is 162nd billion
- City vs Arsenal, Spurs vs United, are among top 5 EPL games you should not
- Austria shuts down last coal-fired power plant
- 3 months hosting for $0.99 | Helping in this Pandemic Time
- Fifa gives green light for transfer windows to open before season end
- Donald Trump signs executive order introducing policing reforms
- Aliens in the Milky Way: 36 possible civilisations found
- A new threat to global trade: Exhausted crews want off cargo ships now
- European shares rise ahead of EU leaders' meeting
- Teenager who bagged 1st degree at age 12 earns master's degree at just
- Formula 1 cancels races in Azerbaijan, Singapore, Japan
- Solving one of Everest's biggest mysteries and uncovering iced secrets
- 2 Republicans opposed by Trump win in Kentucky, North Carolina
- Wall Street dips as virus fears drown out economy hopes
- Becoming a mother inspired Allyson Felix to fight for 'voiceless'
- WhatsApp is rolling out animated stickers in beta (APK download)
- Current Events Report in your City
- WHO chief warns world leaders not to ‘politicise’ pandemic | The New Daily
- World's most expensive cities for expats in 2020 revealed
- Jurgen Klopp expresses sadness on coronavirus death toll in United Kingdom
- Forbes 10 Highest Paid Athletes of 2018; Mayweather, Messi and CR7 Tops the List
- 'White Lives Matter' banner was about inciting 'racial hatred&#
- New swine flu with 'pandemic potential' discovered in China
- A British man suffering cramp while swimming in Austria drowns
- Liverpool are EPL's greatest team with 7 matches to spare, break Unite
- Billions worldwide living with herpes (13% of the world’s population)
- A gas explosion that had a building collapse has 4 injured in Vienna
- China allocates humanitarian aid to Kazakhstan, backing anti-COVID battle
- Macron pledges billions for climate after Greens make gains