The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa joined forces with a group of telecoms operating in Africa to reach over 600 million mobile subscribers with coronavirus health advice.
The Africa Communications Intelligence Platform will be deployed on mobile phones via text and voice messaging in at least 23 African countries in its first phase, UNECA siad.
It will offer coronavirus-related health tips, feature a symptom checker and allow users to take short health and economic surveys related to the pandemic, Tunde Fafunwa of the UN economic agency in Africa told CNN.
Fafunwa said the platform would analyze anonymous user-generated responses and information from social media platforms using artificial intelligence to identify trends around the outbreak.
UNECA said insights gained from the curated data will be used to support national Covid-19 task forces and relevant ministries to help countries evaluate their response to the pandemic.
With more than 320,000 coronavirus cases and the World Health Organization says the pandemic is accelerating on the continent.
Spot infection hotspots
Authorities can also spot potential coronavirus hotspots and direct their social responses to areas from the platform’s information, Fafunwa said”Some governments are trying to distribute social benefits and cash payments during the pandemic. The platform will give the opportunity to understand the economic and health situation better,” Fafunwa told CNN.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!
- How Africa Hate Toward Crypto Has Run Zimbabwean Bitcoin Dry
- Coronavirus in 52 African countries, 10,000+ cases, 487 deaths, 993 recover
- Coronavirus: Lesotho, Zimbabwe announce lockdowns, Kenya enforces curfew |
- Coronavirus in Africa: 4,760 cases; 146 deaths, 335 recoveries | Africanews
- Coronavirus: South Africa president tests negative, Somalia confirms new ca
- See How You can Earn Daily Return of Investment With Bitclub Advantage
- Shooting of Zimbabwe workers by Chinese mine owner shows 'systemic'
- How The Acceptance of Cryptocurrency Can Change The African Economy
- Coronavirus: S. Africa suspends 'lockdown lunch' minister, Somalia
- Boko Haram kills troops in 'deadliest' Chad raid
- Ethiopian delivers coronavirus donation to 41 African countries [List] | Af
- Enforcement of coronavirus lockdown turns violent in parts of Africa | Afri
- African Governments are Silent Over Cryptocurrencies and ICOs
- Coronavirus: Libya, Mali record first cases; South Africa spike continues |
- All You Need to Know About Bitclub Africa
- AMVCA2018: Full Nominees For 2018 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards
- MTN Launched a Faster Browsing 4G+ Network in Lagos, Abuja and PH
- Photos: Ivory Coast protesters destroy coronavirus facility in Abidjan | Af
- Glo Yakata: How to Subscribe and Benefits (April 2019)
- Africa's ventilator dystopia, Ethiopia trains doctors on COVID-19 lifes
- Coronavirus 'corroding' sports betting in East Africa | Africanews
- Low voter turn out in Mali's legislative polls | Africanews
- Invest in Bitclub Advantage As It Resumes Payment of Investors
- MTN4me: How to Get MTN 1GB for N200 Data Plan (March 2019)
- Congo Republic heads into coronavirus lockdown | Africanews
- Doctor who survived Ebola details a harrowing day in the ER. Coronavirus sc
- Grounded! COVID-19 pulls brakes on Africa's 'frequent-flier' pr
- African nations berate China over COVID-19 linked racism in Guangzhou | Afr
- You Can Successfully Trade Bitcoin In These African Countries
- Zimbabwean Golix Exchange Trades $100,000 Worth of BTC Every Month